The athletes with Down Syndrome are divided into two "sport classes" to ensure competition is fair and equal:
1st Class: "T21" = Down Syndrome Trisomy 21
2nd Class "Mosaic" = Mosaic Down Syndrome.
All athletes participating in the competitions must be registered by SUDS and must appear in the "master list" published on your website.
The registration must be requested on the appropriate form and must be accompanied by payment of $ 15 (US dollars) for athlete.
See website >
According to rules of IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation's) with the following IAADS adaptations (applied during
the 3rd European Championships in Portugal):
• The number of athletes per event by nation is open, but only a maximum of 3 will be qualified for the Final;
• There will be no penalty for those athletes that don’t achieved the minimum performance during the competition;
• Starting blocks will not be used for all races. The start shall be a standing start;
• The Sprint races (100m & 200m) will be run by Preliminary Rounds with a maximum of 8 athletes per race, in different lanes;
• 400m race will be run only in 1 lane, as used in middle distance races;
• In 400m, 800m and 1.500m race events there will be Direct Finals by Heats (Times);
• In Walk Race events, it’s not allowed to run! Race walking is a progression of steps with a permanent contact with the ground.
If the athlete doesn’t apply that rule and runs hostens he will be disqualified by a direct Red Card or Paddle.
When 3 Yellow penalties are shown by 3 different Judges, the athlete is disqualified with a Red Card;
• In Long Jump event, the Take-
• In Relay Races the additional 10m balance zone will not be used by the athletes. Only the 20mTake-
• In Track events the Preliminary rounds will have a maximum of 8 athletes per race. In Field events a maximum of 12 athletes are allowed for a Final,
• In the Preliminary rounds there will different sets of symbolic medals for the first 3 classified,
First 3 placed in the Finals will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals,
• Team Competition: according to the IAADS guidelines and in order to encourage nations to participate, the IAADS World and RegionalChampionships
will also have a total Team Competition, including athletes from both genders (male plus female). In the Team Competition the best 8 classified athletes
in the Finals will get points according the placement (8 points for 1st placed, 7 points for 2nd placed, aso till 1 point to the 8 th placed).
All participant nations are eligible for the Team Competition.
The Best 3 Nations by the total number of points will be awarded with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places Trophies.
javelin (600gr M / 400gr F) -